We are proud to announce that The Construction Hub Academy has joined over 10,000 businesses who have signed the Armed Forces Covenant.
The Armed Forces Covenant is a voluntary pledge that businesses can sign to show their support for the Armed Forces community. By signing the covenant, businesses are pledging to treat members of the armed forces community fairly and equally. This includes reservists, veterans, and military families.
Businesses who sign the covenant also pledge to support members of the armed forces community by offering them opportunities wherever possible. For example, we are committed to offering employment and training to members of the Armed Forces community. We currently employ an ex Royal Engineer Lee Jasper.
There are several reasons why we decided to sign the Armed Forces Covenant:
- We are a business that values equality and fairness. We believe that everyone should be given the same opportunities, regardless of their background or circumstances.
- We recognise the immense contribution that members of the Armed Forces community make to our country. They sacrifice some civilian freedoms, face danger and, sometimes, suffering serious injury or death because of their duty, and we believe it's only right that we show our appreciation and support for everything they do.
- By signing the covenant, it is also a is a way of showing our support in whatever way we can which are outlined in our pledges below.
We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant by:
- Promoting that we are a supporter of the Armed Forces and are an armed forces-friendly organisation through our website and social media platforms
- Continue to employ, support and strive to upskill ex Armed Forces personnel and its veterans
- Attend local armed forces recruitment and resettlement events
- Seeking to support the training and employment of veterans young and old working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP) in order to establish a tailored employment pathway for Service Leavers
- Striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners
- Endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment
- Seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible
- Offering discounts to members of the Armed Forces Community on our range of courses
- Continuing to be an ELCAS provider
- Aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day.
For more information on the Armed Forces Covenant please visit the website.
To review our pledge, download the document here.